Filming of the 2 Geeky Girly Girls (2G3) video podcast has begun… and… well… let’s just say it’s been quite a learning experience.
Lessons Learned: 1. It is NOT POSSIBLE to record a 15 minutes episode without any mistakes.
2. DO NOT brag to your friends that you wont have to do any editing for your podcast… you will… lots of it, refer to #1.
3. DO NOT start your podcast with “Hidey, Howdy, Hodey, Hows ya doing?!”, this will cause your co-host, sitting next to you, to snort her special episode cocktail, which, while hilarious, is bad, refer to #1.
4. DO NOT sample the special episode cocktail too many times before filming, refer to #1.
5. DO NOT go off script, I made the mistake of quizzing Ashley on the name of the actress who plays Amy Farrah Fowler on The Big Bang Theory, she couldn’t remember and yelled at me for “degeeking” her in front of our viewers, this caused a girly slappy fight to break out, refer to #1… (p.s. her name is Mayim Bialik).
6. DO NOT have your hubby in the same room that you’re recording in, he will talk to you… while you’re recording… even though you told him NOT TO… none of your viewers care if he should add toilet paper to the grocery list!…, refer to #1.
7. DO feed your cat before recording, refer to #1.
8. DO NO feed your cat catnip before recording, refer to #1.
9. DO have your hubby tell you when he’s hit the record button on the camera, refer to #1.
10.DO NOT update your co-host on the status of your Brazilian wax, after hubby has hit record and not told you… refer to #9 and #1.
We’re still waiting for BlipTV to approve our site, but favorite our page now so you’ll be all prepared for the geeky girly awesomeness! http://blip.tv/2geekygirlygirls