So I have a beautiful girlfriend that has been single for WAY too long and I have recently made it my mission to get her hooked up with a handsome fella.
However, I’ve hit some unforeseen snags… ya you knew that was coming.
I don’t know if any of you have tried to hook up your friend, when your friend is not actually with you at time of attempted hook up, but… it’s hard!
LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES PEOPLE!!
Top 5 things to do when attempting to hook up a friend, when said friend is not with you:
1. When you’ve spotted a potential mate for your absentee friend and walk up to them DO NOT START WITH “hey you’re handsome, are you single?”, especially if your Hubby is standing right next to you. There will be confusion on both sides, actually more anger then confusion on one of the sides.
This leads us to #2
2. Start with, “I have a friend that’s single” and then finish with “can I get your digits for her?”. They are thrown off by your adorable old timey referral of phone numbers as digits and may actually give theirs to you.
3. Have a picture on hand of said friend.
UPDATE: Have an attractive picture of your friend on hand. NOT the picture you took of her that one time she got splashed from a puddle by a passing car and you took the picture because the splash had made it look like she had peed her pants… even though it’s really funny it is NOT the best picture for amore.
4. Let your friend now that you are
pimping helping her to find the man of her dreams and you have given out her cell number to 20 potential husbands whom you met at the grocery store, a couple restaurants, the dog park, and that one guy who was selling fruit on the corner (he was a real go getter).
5. Run, apparently your friend does not appreciate your hard work and is now out to kill you for giving her number to “potential psychopaths” which you feel is an extreme exaggeration on her part, but still… run.