Okay I know there is LITERALLY a day for everything, I mean seriously, here’s just a few I found with a quick Google search:
- Answer Your Cat’s Question Day (but just the one question and try not to freak out that your cat can now apparently talk!)
- Waiting For The Barbarians Day (are we still doing that? wow those dudes are late!)
- Tapioca Pudding Day and Respect Canada Day (it doesn’t feel respectful to make Canada share their day with tapioca pudding.)
- Relaxation Day and Failures Day (which are perfect together because if you fail to relax you’re still succeeding!)
- National Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day (I don’t understand, is there a certain cheese called Sacrifice that I purchase, or am I sacrificing a cheese!?)
- Be Late For Something Day (the best part is the following day is Fight Procrastination Day. HA!! I see what they did there!)
- Gratitude Day and Banana Day (… I’m not touching that one…twss)
However, Courtesy Flush Day… I can STRONGLY stand behind that day… lol… behind…
But seriously people, when I’m sitting in a stall and I hear the unmistakable sound of a solid landing splash, followed quickly by a courtesy flush from the stall next to me, I think, “you sir, are a gentlemen.”, or, “you mam, are a lady”. I mean these days you never know, but as long as they courtesy flush, I’m cool with whoever is over there!
I’ve never actually participated in a courtesy flush myself, as my bowels are not designed to work in any other bathroom than my own. I am not kidding, I seriously wish I was, long vacations ARE MURDER.
WAIT! I LIED!! I did once courtesy flush, well technically Molly did the flush for me. In fact funny enough it was Macy’s Molly. But it wasn’t for a Mr. Hanky. Let’s just say New Orleans, Girls Trip, Hurricanes (the drink, not the weather), and me mistakenly thinking that I could totally lay down on the bed for a minute and be fine… I couldn’t… and I wasn’t.
I don’t know how but Molly miraculously got me up and to the toilet a second before I gave back everything New Orleans had given to me that day. While I knelt in the worshipping position I remember Molly say softly, as she leaned over me while still holding my hair, “there ya go sweetie, now how about a nice courtesy flush?”, which made me laugh, which then made me give all over again… aaahhhhhhh memories.
HAPPY BELATED CURTESY FLUSH DAY EVERYONE!!!